Matek AP_Periph DroneCAN Magnetometer RM3100
The Matek AP_Periph DroneCAN Magnetometer RM3100, designated as CAN-L4-3100, is a top-grade magnetic sensor module for drones. It’s based on the precise RM3100 sensor and incorporates ArduPilot firmware, providing high resolution and wide temperature stability in flight. With low power draw and immunity to signal noise, it’s an ideal choice for enhancing the navigational capabilities of UAVs.
- CAN-L4-3100 is a professional grade CAN Magnetometer based on RM3100 & ArduPilot AP_Periph firmware.
- RM3100 sensor technology provides high resolution, low power consumption, large signal noise immunity, a large dynamic range, and high sampling rates. Measurements are stable over temperature and inherently free from offset drift.
- PNI RM3100 Geomagnetic Sensor
- CAN node MCU: STM32L431xC, 256KB Flash
- CAN, DroneCAN Protocol
- UART2, MSP output (MatekL431-Periph fw)
- UART3, for external GNSS module
- ST debug, SWCLK & SWDIO
- Blue, Fast blinking, Booting
- Blue, Slow blinking, working
- Red, 3.3V indicator
- Power supply for CAN-L4-3100 board : 4.5~5.5V @5V pad/pin
- Power consumption: 22mA
- Operating Temperatures: -40~85 °C
- Board Size: 36mm*25mm*10mm. 6g
- 3D File CAN-L4-3100_step.zip
- ArduPilot AP_Periph: MatekL431-GPS or MatekL431-Periph
- Update via DroneCAN GUI Tool or Mission Planner (AP_Periph.bin)
- Update via STLink (AP_Periph_with_bl.hex)
- CAN_P1_DRIVER = 1 if attached to CAN bus1 port or CAN_P2_DRIVER = 1 if attached to CAN bus2 port
- COMPASS_AUTODEC = 1
- 1x CAN-L4-3100 board
- 1x JST-GH-4P to JST-GH-4P 20cm silicon wire
- CAN-L4-3100 is pre-installed with “MatekL431-GPS” firmware.
- MSP feature is disabled in “MatekL431-GPS”. If you want to use MSP feature, reflash it with “MatekL431-Periph” firmware(AP_Periph_with_bl.hex) over SWC/SWD pads via ST-LINK.
- Put magnetometer far from power lines/ESC/motors/iron based material. >=10cm
- 2 ears for mounting can be cut off if you don’t need it.
- If the CAN wires are too long, bridge the “120R” jumper.