Matek AP_Periph DroneCAN GNSS M10Q-3100 Navigation Module
The Matek AP_Periph DroneCAN GNSS M10Q-3100 is a sophisticated navigation module, integrating multi-constellation GNSS tracking and a high-precision PNI RM3100 compass. Utilizing the u-blox M10 series chipset, it supports concurrent reception from GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou, providing superior tracking performance. Designed with a high-gain patch antenna and a flexible mounting design, this module excels in a variety of operating conditions and installation scenarios, ensuring reliable navigation for advanced UAV systems.
- M10Q-3100 is based on ArudPilots’ AP_Periph firmware, It is a GNSS+COMPASS peripheral with CAN/DroneCAN and UART/MSP interfaces.
- M10Q-3100 uses multi-constellation GNSS powered by u-blox M10 series , It is a concurrent GNSS receiver which can receive and track multiple GNSS systems. Owing to the multi-band RF front-end architecture all four major GNSS constellations, GPS,Galileo, GLONASS and BeiDou can be received concurrently. The high-gain 15 x 15 mm2 patch antenna provides the best balance between performance and small size. The omnidirectional antenna radiation pattern increases flexibility for device installation.
- M10Q-3100 integrates an industrial-grade compass PNI RM3100 which provides high resolution, low power consumption, no hysteresis, large dynamic range, and high sampling rates.
- GNSS u-blox M10 series (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou)
- Magnetic Compass PNI RM3100
- Patch GNSS Antenna 15*15*4mm
- CAN Node MCU STM32L431xC
- CAN(C-H, C-L), DroneCAN Protocol
- UART2((TX2), MSP output
- ST debug, SWCLK & SWDIO
- CAN bootloader LED, Blue
- Fast blinking, Booting
- Slow blinking, working
- GNSS PPS LED, Green
- solid on after powering on
- blinking(1Hz) when GNSS has 3D fixed
- 3.3V LED, Red
- Power supply for M10Q-3100 board : 4.5~5.3V @5V pad/pin
- Power consumption: 50mA
- Operating Temperatures: -20~85 °C
- Board Size: 36mm*15mm*16mm. 12g
- 3D File M10Q-3100_step.zip
- ArduPilot AP_Periph: MatekL431-GPS
- Update via DroneCAN GUI Tool or Mission Planner (AP_Periph.bin)
- Update via STLink (AP_Periph_with_bl.hex)
- 1x M10Q-3100
- 1x JST-GH-4P to JST-GH-4P 20cm silicon wire
Tips and Notes
- on M10-F4-3100, The 3 magnetic coils have little solder paste to avoid the excess to “tilt” them, resulting in some reading inaccuracies of the compass. Any strong impacts will definitely separate them, especially the “tall coil” Sen-Z-f. Pls use this precision module with care.
- Put magnetometer far from power lines/ESC/motors/iron based material. >=10cm
- 2 ears for mounting can be cut off if you don’t need it.
- The default configuration on M10 GNSS module with ublox FW 5.1 is concurrent reception of GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, and BeiDou B1C with QZSS and SBAS enabled.
- Start with u-blox GNSS FW3.01, timepulse is aligned with UTC time and that time is set valid only after leap second is downloaded. That could take up to 12.5 min. Probably PPS LED will not blink immediately after GPS has 3D fixed.
- The M10Q-3100 provides the ability to reset the receiver. Bridging “Rst” pad(nearby the arrow) to Ground for at least 100 ms will trigger a cold start. RESET will delete all information and trigger a cold start. It should only be used as a recovery option. If you are sure wiring and setup are all right. but GNSS can’t receive any satellites after tens of minutes, try doing reset.
- The scratches on ceramic antenna are the result of tuning the antenna.