Armattan Badger DJI Edition Frame
Finding a way to simply fit the DJI technology inside a badger was not something Armattan was too keen about. For one the Badger has no provisions for antenna management, and more importantly, the FOV on the DJI cam would have propellers in view of the HD feed and recording. Surely, Armattan
could do better than that.
The DJI Badger is adapted to meet all of the above. Armattan modified the lipo top plate and created custom molded rubber parts to manage the DJI antennas. Armattan
changed the front camera position to remove props from the view of the HD feed, and Armattan also made custom 2 sided 3M foams to mount the DJI Air Unit with ease while providing better impact protection. The result is a Badger that appears to have been designed around the DJI technology with all the goodness of Armattan’s latest flagship release.
This is the newest revision of Armattan’s titanium cage; the same as on the Marmotte. And just in case you haven’t heard what the perks of this cage are compared to any other, Armattan run through them quickly here.
- Independent HD camera tilt means there’s no need to deal with foam wedges for the front or back of your recording camera.
- A wide range of FPV cam tilt options. From 10 degrees to way too much.
- 1mm FPV-cam savers: these are designed to bend so your camera won’t break.
- A minimized weight due to a state of the art, 6-axis milling process.
And the best part? All of these perks come on top of the firm mount and incredible protection that you’ve come to expect from this product.
Since having removable arms is the major draw for this release, Armattan wanted to specifically mention how they work. The arms mount up with two bolts and two sunk-nuts each. The sunk-nuts go straight into the 4mm baseplate, so there’s no need to worry about delamination. When installed, the arms meet in the center of the baseplate, further locking down the construction. We’re providing you with a remarkably solid, precise product, and Armattan knows that you will have full confidence in this frame.
This frame comes with tons of other bells and whistles. As you’ve come to expect, an extended-aluminum rear provides a protected mount. The frame maintains compatibility with 5.5-inch props for those of you who like to ride the line, and the long body means you can more easily fit an HD camera and a bigger lipo, even with high cam tilt. The FC can mount up on either the 30.5mm or 20mm options, and there are even 20mm rear provisions as well for a VTX or any other board.
Add the differences in carbon and the extra hardware, and you’re probably expecting this frame to be considerably heavier than the fixed arm version (the Marmotte). Well due to our experience in design and some clever optimization, Armattan kept the difference down to 15g. You can thank us later.
- Frame Weight: approx. 130 grams
- Motor to Motor: 236mm
- Frame Shape: Compressed X
- Main Plate Thickness: 4mm
- Arm Thickness: 4mm
- Steel Bolts
- Titanium Cage
- Aluminum Standoffs
- Motor Mount Pattern: 22xx
- FC Stack Mount: 20mm and 30.5mm compatible
- FPV Camera Mount Mini-camera (21mm)
- FPV Antenna Mounts: Rubber antenna routing grommets
- Max Stack Height: 20mm
- Warrantied Parts: All
- Motor Size: 2306
- ESCs: 30a
- Prop Size: Up to 5.5″
- LiPo: 4-5S/1500mAh
- 2x Camera-cage brackets
- 2x Camera-cage anchors
- 6x 4mm M3 iron bolts
- 14x 6mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 10x 8mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 10x 10mm M3 12.9 grade steel bolts
- 12x Sunknuts
- 4x 16mm M3 iron bolts
- 4x 5mm M2 cuphead iron bolts
- 1x 23mm front standoff
- 2x 20mm black standoffs
- 2x tail posts
- 2x camera savers
- 4x 6mm M3 standoffs
- 4x nuts
- 4x M2 washers
- 1x 2mm Top (LiPo) plate
- 1x 1.5mm HD Cam plate
- 1x 4mm Main plate
- 1x Lipo strap
- 1x LiPo foam pad
- 1x Air unit adhesive foam pad
- 1x HD camera foam pad
- 4x Dog-bone landing pads
- 2x Rubber antenna grommets
- 1x Diamond-coated steel file
- 1x Build instructions